You are invited to submit your art for an event that will take place at a cool pop-up gallery, located in Highland Park, CA. The space managed by artists for artists.
This February, we aim to bring together no more than 7 artists for a group show. This show is intended to celebrate the work of emerging and mid career abstract artists living or working in Los Angeles.
The show will be curated by Ron Braverman. As an artist of 30+ years and after running multiple Los Angeles Galleries, he is now curating an art show for up to 12 extraordinary artists.
Deadline for application is December 16th.
There is no fee to apply. Artists will be notified if they are chosen by December 20th.
The show will run for the weekend of February 18th and 19th, 2023. A gallery opening will be held February 18th from 6-10pm. Additional showings may be possible, based on gallery availability.
When chosen, each artist will be asked to contribute $130 per person no later than 6 weeks before the event. Your contribution will pay for gallery rental, event promotion, event administration, food and drink.
No commissions will be taken for sales.
The gallery has 2 walls approximately 24′ long on the right and left the far wall is about 8′ wide. Each artist will have about 8 feet each for two works.
- Your art will be prominently displayed during the opening event and the day after.
- Approximately 8′ foot (width) of wall space per person, labels for your artwork will be provided.
- Promotion of your art on instagram. A Facebook Events page will be created.(https://www.instagram.com/ablankwhitebox/ and https://www.instagram.com/braverstudio/)
- Collectively, with each artist promoting this event a few times, we expect to have a very large turnout.
- Artists must be able to deliver and install their own work.
- Each artist will be asked to promote the show as well through their social media channels.
- If the work requires any display mechanism (pedestal, easel, tension rod and string, etc.) the artist must supply their own.
There will be one meeting at the gallery before the event with the 7 artists to quickly discuss how we may all promote the event, special accommodations and other details to prepare for a great show.
If you have any questions, comments or ideas please contact us.
The Gallery – 6189 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042